Textured hair can be attractive, but only some people realize how difficult and time-consuming it is to maintain. Many people choose to rebond hair. We will be covering everything you need to know about hair rebonding. This treatment makes textured hair silky, shiny, and manageable. It also saves you time in the morning when you’d otherwise have to struggle with your hair.
What is Hair Rebonding?
Amino acids make up the majority of hair. These proteins are linked by bonds that determine your hair’s straight, curly, or wavy structure. Rebonding your hair involves chemically relaxing it by breaking down the bonds and rebuilding them to change your hair’s structure.
First, a relaxant is applied to your hair. This helps to break down protein bonds. After the hair has been straightened, a neutralizer is used to rebuild the bonds.
How is Hair Rebonding done – The Hair Rebonding process
Hair rebonding involves using heat and chemicals to modify the hair’s structure. The treatment may take anywhere from 3-8 hours, depending on how long your hair is. These are the steps involved with hair rebonding.
- Hair rebonding kits
- A flat iron with temperature control
- A blow dryer
- Use a mild shampoo
Depending on your hair length, it may take between 3-8 hours.
- Your hair is washed with mild shampoo by the stylist. The conditioner is not used.
- The hair can then be left to dry naturally, or it can be dried blow-dry.
- The stylist will divide the hair according to texture and volume. The stylist analyzes the hair before applying the relaxant to it.
- The hairdresser applies a relaxant using the hair bonding kit. The hair is then held straight by thin plastic boards. The stylist ensures that the relaxant is evenly applied to each strand.
- The relaxant can then be left on for between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on how the hair is textured. During this time, the relaxant is monitored continuously.
- Depending on its texture and condition, the hair is dried for between 10-40 minutes.
- The stylist will wash and condition the hair. They dry the hair.
- The hair is then conditioned with keratin and straightened using a ceramic flatiron at 180°C.
- To secure the bonds, a neutralizer is applied and left on for thirty minutes.
- Then rinse it with cold water.
- After blow drying, a serum and one more straightening are applied to the hair.
Rebonding involves heat and harsh chemicals. Your hair will become extremely sensitive to damage soon after the procedure and needs intensive care. Here are some tips for caring for rebonded hair if it has been done recently or you plan to do so.
How to Care for Rebonded Hair
Do Not Wash Your Hair For 72 Hours
It will help if you remember this most important thing when getting your hair bonded. Your hair must not get wet. Washing your hair before it settles is going to result in sub-optimal results.
Stop wearing hair ties.
It would help if you stopped tucking your hair behind the ears and using fasteners. This can cause creases in your newly restructured hair, which you will want to avoid.
Straighten your hair before you go to bed
It might not seem very easy, but it is essential to ensure your hair is straight for at least three days before washing it. Don’t do anything that could cause your hair to fall out.
Take your time with the Conditioning.
After three days, you can wash your hair. Make sure you use a mild shampoo designed for chemically treated hair. Apply conditioner to your hair after washing it. Wait a few minutes longer so your hair can absorb the moisture.
Avoid Heat Styling
Your hair is already styled! Your hair is already styled!
Put Your Hair Coloring Plans On Hold
Consider chemical treatments as the spawning ground of the devil for the next six months. This includes hair color. It is important not to over-process your hair. Six months is enough time to give your hair some TLC.
Shower caps should be worn for the first week following hair rebonding. This will stop the water from destroying the chemicals.
Take advantage of the Trim.
Damage and hair rebonding are two different things. Your stylist should be seen every 6-8 weeks to trim your hair. This will ensure your hair stays healthy and prevents damage from traveling up your hair’s length.