Things You Need to Know Before You Buy Coconut Oil
Before you choose the coconut oil that is right for you, make sure to consider these points.
- Cold/expeller-pressed: This indicates that the oil has been extracted from the coconut without heat or chemicals. This preserves the oil’s nutritional properties.
- Pay attention to the label. Look out for oils that have been organically grown, are virgin, or are non-hydrogenated. These oils are made without pesticides from fresh-grown coconuts. They are also free of trans fats.
- Certifications: Check that the oil is certified with a non-GMO Seal of Approval and Fairtrade Certified. This ensures that the oil has been tested and passed all required tests.
- Fractionated coconut oil: Fractionated coconut oils are in liquid form. They can be kept at lower temperatures. The long-chain fatty acid compounds that solidify the oil are removed. These coconut oils are lighter and less oily.
- RBD label shows whether the oil was refined, bleached, or deodorized. These processes strip the fat of beneficial antioxidants, phytonutrients, and polyphenols.
- Avoid buying yellowish oil. It could be contaminated. Coconut oil should be pure and clean.
Which Is The Best Coconut Oil For Hair
Best Non-Comedogenic: Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Majestic Pure oil, a premium oil of high quality, is made with only medium-chain fatty acid. Coconut oil is rich in caprylic and capric acid, both excellent antioxidants. This oil is well-known for keeping the moisture in hair and preventing it from separating. This oil is also great for curly hair. It will keep your curls nourished and smooth. It is known for its soothing properties and can be used in massage oils, lip balms, and aromatherapy. It can also be used as a carrier oil for essential oils.
Lightweight: OGX Coconut milk Weightless Hydrating oil M
- The oil from OGX contains a magic combination of coconut oil, bamboo extract, and olive oil. This oil is excellent for softening and hydrating hair. It can be used as a leave-in treatment for hair. This oil is a treat for hairstyling. It makes hair smoother and frizz-free, increasing elasticity and controlling flyaways. The oil leaves hair shiny, soft, and bouncy. You can use it on dry hair to control flyways and on wet hair to create your preferred style. Spray the mist onto your style for instant shine. This hair product can be used on any hair texture.
Best Non-Greasy: Island Fresh Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Island Fresh Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a cold-pressed, unrefined oil. It can condition hair follicles and help them grow stronger and thicker. It restores hair’s natural beauty and vitality. This oil is a barrier to protect hair from moisture loss, which can cause hair to look dull and lifeless. It is recommended to apply it weekly to the roots and ends. This will help prevent hair breakage and make them shiner. It can also be used as an aromatherapy ingredient, a natural sunscreen, or daily skincare.
The Best Value for Money: Spectrum Organic, Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Spectrum coconut oil is extracted using an expeller process which preserves its natural nutrients. It helps restore scalp health by eliminating dry and damaged skin. This oil contains Omega-6 fatty acids that promote hair follicle integrity. It protects hair from damaging UV rays and other weather damage. It has a tropical scent and deep conditioning treatments for hair. It’s also an excellent choice for skin care.
Best Revitalizing: NOW Solutions Coconut Oil
- Now Solutions offers a coconut oil-based conditioning moisturizer. This natural oil is gentle on the scalp and high in saturated fats. This oil can massage your hair and allow it to dry for a few hours before you wash it. This is an organic option for chemical hair conditioners. It helps to revive damaged hair and encourages growth. It can also be used to moisturize your skin.
Best Quick-Absorbing: Parachute Coconut Oil
- Parachute coconut oil has a solid reputation among Indian oil brands. It is made from 100% pure coconut oil extracted from food-grade and natural coconuts. Coconut oil is unrefined and has many benefits for hair and skin. It is high in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that aids oil penetrating the hair shaft and prevents damage. It protects hair from sun, wind, and other environmental stressors. Its deep conditioning capabilities make it an excellent choice to care for your hair, prevent product buildup, and control dandruff.
De La Cruz Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil by De La Cruz is a great hair moisturizer that can also be used on the body. This is an excellent massage oil, making the hair soft and supple. It is pure, expeller-pressed oil forms a rich protective shield for each strand. This oil is perfect for pre-shampoo treatments on all hair types. You can use it as a leave-in conditioner for curly hair to give them a shiny, hydrated look. Coconut oil is sweet and soothing.
Best Strengthening: Pro-Line Coconut Oil
- Pro-Line coconut oil can be used to condition and revive hair. With its natural nutrient contents, it moisturizes hair cuticles. It also gives them a healthy shine. It’s infused with vitamins to revitalize the hair, strengthen the roots and prevent dryness. It promotes hair growth and softens it.